Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Portuguese is Coming!



Hey Guys!

That's so crazy that it's snowing that much in North Carolina! Hey Matt congrats on getting bumped up to varsity dude! Hey mom I'm glad you had a great birthday. It sounds like everything is going great back home.

Thank you everyone for all the letters you sent me with to the MTC. They've really helped a lot. It's just what I needed! I've only had time to read a few so far, but I'll read them all pretty soon!


So this week was pretty good! Elder Coombs left for his mission yesterday. It was awesome having him here to help me get adjusted. He'll be a super awesome missionary. This week was pretty good. We actually got 2 new missionaries in our district that are twins. They are super funny guys. We got to go to the temple today again since it's p-day. That was flippin sweet! We just got back so we're emailing and then going out to get some stuff. Finally! Don't get me wrong, I like the CTM here in Brazil but it's kind of like a prison. You can only leave once a week, so you're kind of stuck in a building. Ha ha! But yeah I'm doing pretty good so far. The language is coming for sure, but at it's own pace. I can honestly say that I know as much Portuguese as I do Spanish after taking 2 years in high school and 1 class in college, which is great! I still have a LONG way to go though, ha ha! I've been really tired for that last few days here. Not because of lack of sleep, but because the days are so long. We basically have something scheduled all day. So yeah, there are definitely parts of the day when I get super tired. It's all good though! I just have to say that Brazilians are awesome! All of them are super funny and super nice and everything. I still get jokes about Michael Jackson pretty much every day, which is awesome. A lot of Brazilian missionaries actually know my name that way. Our Brazilian roommates just left yesterday for their missions. I'll miss them for sure because they were really super cool guys! It was always fun joking around with them. Brazilians are only here for twelve days since they already know the language. I should be getting new roommates either tonight or tomorrow.   I'll go ahead and send this now.

(I'll be honest, I like the food, but my body hasn't adjusted to it quite yet, haha) So yeah it's awesome out here! We're actually teaching lessons to pesquisadors without notes now. It's definitely harder but we're getting better each time.

Wow, I just realized that I need to learn how to type faster, ha ha. Next week we're going proselyting! That's gonna be stinkin awesome! I'm super stoked for that, but I don't think it will be till after p-day next week, so you probably won't hear about it until two weeks from now. I'm out of time, so I have to go. Hopefully I will get to write more next week. Oh and congrats to everyone that got their mission calls.

See ya later!
-Elder Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment