Sunday, March 16, 2014

Last Week in the CTM!!! What a Week!

March 13, 2014

Hey Guys!

Lots to say,  and not a lot of time to say it.   I'm in a Brazilian district! They came to me a few days before my companions left and asked me about it. So yeah! Everyone in my district is Brazilian! My companion is Elder B! He's a super nice guy and a great missionary. But he talks SOOOO fast!  In fact, everyone in my district is super nice. BUT I DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT THEY'RE SAYING MOST OF THE TIME! HAHA! Yeah it's pretty tough, but I feel like I’m learning faster and it's good practice for heading out into the field.


Brazilians have their P-Day on Thursday, which is why this email is a day late. But on the bright side, I got to go the Campinas temple today! It was super cool. Since it was farther away, I don't have too much spare time for the rest of my p-day, but it was definitely worth it! I'll be honest, teaching lessons is hard right now. I went from having two really smart companions that were a week ahead of me in the language to a really smart companion that is 18 years ahead of me in the language. It's safe to say that I don't say too much right now in the lessons. Elder B definitely does most of the talking, Haha! But it's definitely getting me used to having a Brazilian companion in the field.

I heard I will probably get a Brazilian as my trainer. It's hard to believe that I'm leaving for the field in less than a week! This week has been flying by, probably because everyone's talking so fast. Haha! I definitely do not feel ready with the language. But then again most people don't when they leave the MTC. As long as I do my best, I know Heavenly Father will help me out. To be honest, I'm really excited to get into the field and out of the CTM, but I'm also going to miss a lot of people I met here. Missionaries and Instructors and super nice and super cool! When I start to think about how I want to get out of the CTM, I realize that everyone outside the CTM speaks a different language and that I'll have to start cooking for myself again. Baha! That's definitely a bit scary. I guess I can say I'm super excited and super nervous! I really hope I get a good first companion, but if not I'll just have to work through it. I guess I'll find out in a week!

Love you all! Keep me posted with everything! Hope you have a great week! Next time you hear from me, I'll be in Londrina! ( Oh yeah, about half of my Brazilian district is going to Londrina too, including Elder B. )


Ate Mais! -Elder Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment