Tuesday, May 20, 2014

If You Have Faith, Things Will Work Out...



Hey guys! 


This week was crazy! Lots of stuff happened! First off, Happy anniversary mom and dad! Hope it was a great one!

Thank you so much Mom and Aunt Jackie for the packages you sent. They totally made my day!  And mom thank you so much for the package you sent, It was awesome and it totally had some stuff I was craving. And the tie you sent me is awesome!

Simoni and Natália were baptized this week! They are awesome and doing really well! They were confirmed this past Sunday.  Marco  was baptized too on the same day! I don´t think I talked about him last week. He came to church last Sunday. We stopped by that night and every day this week to check up on him or share a message. Long story short, he was baptized Saturday and confirmed yesterday! He´s doing pretty well too. 

Wow, this week was super crazy with our investigators and everything. The assistants gave us a reference of a small family that went to their church and live in our area. They absolutely loved church. We´re going to stop by again tonight and share a message.

We haven´t really had a chance to stop by Teo's because he is super busy with work all the time. We´re going to visit him some time this week though.
Man I have so much to learn as a missionary though. The language is coming and my contacts are improving, but wow I have a lot to learn. I know I´ll get it though with time and effort!

Spiritual thought that I want to share with you guys today is about faith and works. James 2:17-18 talks about how faith without works is dead. If you want to have success with missionary work or anything in life, you have to have faith and works. For example, if I have faith that we´ll find more investigators but I don´t talk to anyone do any work, I won´t get results. Also, if I work my hardest but I don´t have faith that I will find someone or that they will accept, I won´t have much success either. I definitely learned that in life it´s important to have faith that things will work out, and do the work to make it happen. I know that when you work your hardest AND have faith that you´ll find success, things will work out. With work, with school, with the Gospel, with everything.

Love you guys! Have an awesome week! Keep me posted with everything that is going on. 

Ate mais!
Elder Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment