Monday, August 17, 2015

My Mission is the Best Decision I Have Ever Made!

A tie given to Trevor from Jordyn's mission companion Sis. Sung  from Cambodia.  Matt had been wearing it and was sad to send it away. While he can't wear it on his mission I am sure he will wear it a lot when he gets home.

Bom dia! 

Hey Matt! Happy Birthday bro! Hard to believe you´re gonna be 18 dude! love you bro and hope you have an awesome birthday!

This week was pretty great. We found a lot of really great new investigators! Our teaching pool is starting to get a lot bigger. 

I don´t know if I told you last week, but a recent convert that was baptized in our area a week before I got here had to do a really serious and dangerous surgery this past week. but it went perfectly! It went so well that looks like he´s coming home from the hospital today. Man I was super relieved. We´re teaching his wife, Vivianne. She´s super awesome and believe in everything, but she told us that it will be in her time. But she loves the church and the missionaries. She was what we call and "eternal investigator", which means that they are taught for a long time. She was really touched at the help that the members gave  and the concern that they shared for her and her family. She basically told us recently that she wants to be baptized. She came to church on Sunday too. She knows what's the right decision to make. We´re going over today to see when exactly she wants to be baptized. But she´s super awesome and I sure hope she decides to be baptized before I´m transferred. (I probably on have two more weeks in this area, but we´ll see) I would really love to see her baptism, but we´ll see. Pray for her please!

We found a few other great investigators, one named Gabriella. She´s progressing a lot and it was all right for her to come to church yesterday. But Saturday night she had an argument with her aunt and left home.. bummer. But she really wants to come next week along with a few other investigators. Now that we have these investigators, our goal this week is to find a few more and bring the ones that we already found to church on Sunday! Wish us luck! Pray for us!

We had a really great lesson with Janaína yesterday. Now she´s really looking for an answer. We´re really excited with the investigators that we have. 

But all in all it was a really great week. We´re pretty excited! Pray for us. Sorry, short on time, so I won´t be able to share a message, but I want everyone to know that I love this gospel, and the mission was the BEST choice I have ever made. I wouldn´t trade these last 18 months for anything. If there are any of you thinking about serving a mission. Don´t think, just do it! You know that it´s the Lord´s will and it´s what will bless your life. Love you all! Miss ya tons! Boa semana!

Elder Jackson


No comments:

Post a Comment