Monday, December 7, 2015

Grateful for Church and the Opportunity to Partake of the Sacrament

You know that feeling you get when you are so wet that it doesn´t even matter if you get more wet or not. Yeah that's pretty much how I felt this week. We got soaked from Monday to Friday, it pretty much rained nonstop. We don´t have an umbrella! haha! But it was pretty fun. Wednesday morning we were walking to an appointment with an investigator (in the rain) when we heard a little "meow". We looked over and in a puddle of running water there was a plastic bag on the ground with 4 baby kittens that were soaking wet and almost drowning. Some JERK totally threw them away. So we grabbed them and put them out of the rain. We found a tree right next to a elementary school that was about to let the kids out for lunch. We figured  that some kids would find them and take care of them. and they did. When we stopped by later that day, they were gone, so someone took them home. Woo! Not only do we save souls as missionaries but we´re saving cats too! Heck yes!

Do you guys remember Maria that we were teaching. The one that´s 85 years old? She was baptized on Wednesday! She´s such a sweet lady and the members really took her in. One family brought her home to eat lunch with them after church. She´s pretty happy, but I feel kind of bad cuz when I  went to baptize her, she went under the water she opened her mouth and let a whole lot of water in. But she´s alright. I was a bit nervous to baptize her cuz I was afraid she would literally have to be "born again" after she came out of the water. 

But other than that this week was kind of difficult. We found a super awesome family that was extremely excited to be baptized and all of a sudden they didn´t even want to open the door to us anymore. I was really bummed Saturday. That family cut us, and we were having other challenges in our zone and everything this week. Also the other Maria that we are teaching is smoking a lot and really isn´t as determined as she was to stop smoking. 

I felt so much better when I got to church on Sunday. When I took the sacrament I thought a lot about the sacrament prayer and how we take the sacrament in remembrance of our Lord and Savior. When I thought about that I felt the spirit really strong. I realized that I'm not one to murmur when the Lord has gone through so much more for me. It was a great learning experience. 

So yeah this week was really.....wet, full of saving kittens and almost killing old ladies, but it was a pretty great week and I´m looking forward to a better next week. Sorry, out of time. Love you all miss ya tons! Pegando fogo de mais!

Elder Jackon


This wonderful elder made mom very happy today when he sent Trevor's travel plans.  Trevor will be returning home from Brazil Jan. 7!!!
Elder Lima and Pres. Genaro

No comments:

Post a Comment