Sunday, April 13, 2014

Love the Essence of the Gospel

Trevor and Elder K

Hey Guys! 

Hope everything is going well in The States!  It´s sad to about Esther passing away, but I know she's happier now that she is with George.

The package still hasn´t gotten here yet. It´s ok though, I think I´ll get it soon! I´ve asked some missionaries here. They said it can take from a couple weeks to a few months! Most of the time I don´t think it takes too long.

Conference was awesome! All the talks were amazing! I didn´t get to watch the Priesthood session because it started here at like 9 o’clock, but the others were great! 
We had a few of our investigators come to one of the sessions. A few that we invited weren´t able to make it, but the others did! It looked like they enjoyed it. I ended up watching 2nd session on Saturday in Português, so I didn´t understand as much as I would´ve liked, but it was still good. And was awesome see the member of the 70 that spoke at Andrew´s funeral give a talk in Conference!


We met some pretty awesome people this past week, and we´re meeting with them again this week. That´s the thing about Brazilians that is awesome! They´re all like super nice!  But yeah this week was pretty good. I´m getting used to all the walking but we still walk a LOT. Ha ha! I´m totally going to have calves of steel when I get home! Baha!

So yeah! We´re teaching a few people right now. It´s too soon to tell if they´re progressing because we´ve only met with them once or twice, but we´ll probably find out this week and I´ll tell you how they´re doing on the next email!

As for the food, it´s still pretty good! Ha ha! I haven´t had anything disgusting yet so I´ll keep my fingers crossed that it continues. 

Oh, I´m already starting to get tan lines on my neck and arms! I´ve only been here for 3 weeks! I still have almost 2 years. I´m going to be so burnt when I get back to the U.S.! Ha ha!

The language is coming along pretty well. I´m learning more every day. I can actually understand and speak pretty well with Americans, but I still have LOTS of trouble understanding Brazilians. I´ll get it though!

For my Spiritual thought, I really love what President Monson said in his talk about Loving Others. I don´t have my notes with me right now so I can´t give specifics, but I loved how he talked about showing love, care, and serving others we come in contact with. It´s a great talk. I hope you guys go back and read and listen to it. I know if we heed the words of the prophet, we will find more happiness in this world and in the world to come! Have a great week!


Oh Matt and Nathan! How is Jimmer doing on the Bulls? And what´s the Jazz´s record? Love you guys! Thanks for all prayers. Have an awesome week and stay safe!


Love, Elder Jackson


He's not starving thanks to a wonderful member who is looking out for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment