Sunday, April 6, 2014

Great Week! Loving the Mission Life! Adjusting to No Dinner!


Hey guys! 

How´s it going?! Hope everything is going well! (Thanks of the words of comfort and advice, if I don´t get a chance to email you individually, love you guys!) Holy cow I hope I have time to say everything!

This week was better! I adjust more and more every day, and I like it more and more every day. Don´t get me wrong, it´s still hard, but I´m adjusting to it.


We knocked on a lot of doors this week. We actually went proselyting in a richer area for most of the week. Some of these people are rich even for people in the U.S. It´s crazy! In my area we have super rich areas, and super poor areas, and some in between.  

Did you know they like never have dinner here? Well, they do but they have it late and it´s not a very big meal. Lunch is the main meal of the day. So we eat lunch some time between 12 and 2, and then we work till we get back to the apartment at night and we eat then. I´m starving! Haha JK! But seriously, I need to start bringing snacks to eat throughout the day because 7 hours without food is killing me. Haha! 

But yeah! It´s all good! I definitely enjoy the food here. I haven´t had anything disgusting yet, but I definitely miss American food sometimes. A lot of the food here is the same with snacks and everything. But meals are always rice, beans, meat, and some kind of salad (with a little variation). We don´t usually have stuff like pizza or American meals.

This week went pretty well with the work. We talked with a lot of people on the streets and knocked on a lot of doors. Oh yeah! Here in  Brazil  everyone has gates, batemos portas.  We knock  by clapping. It´s definitely a bit different, but it´s pretty cool. We met a lot of cool people this week. We don´t have any progressing investigators right now really but I feel like we will pretty soon. There is this super cool and super nice family we know. They live in our area but their son visited a different ward a few weeks ago. They´re super cool, and their son seems really interested, but they´re really strong in their church. We´re probably going to invite them to watch General Conference next week. We met another family this week that are going to come to General Conference. Speaking of which I´m super stoked for it. I can´t wait for it! We get to hear the words of a living prophet and living apostles! It´s super great. Encourage everyone to watch it.

The language is coming along pretty well. I get better every week. I already feel like I learned a LOT more from when I left the CTM two weeks ago. But I still have a long, LONG way to go. Mission president, MTC president, and other missionaries keep telling me not to worry about the language. As long as I do my part it will come! There are some things in Português that I definitely need to be careful with. Por exemplo, coco means coconut and cocô means crap. Haha! I definitely have to be careful if I ever ask for coconut water. Baha!

Alright! Almost out of time! One last thing. One of my favorite songs to listen to is Savior, Redeemer of My Soul. It´s great and I want to figure out how to get it on my ipod. I encourage all who are having a rough or stressful time to listen to it. It will bring peace to your heart. 



Love you guys! Keep me posted .


Elder Jackson

Here are some Pictures from Zone Conference




No comments:

Post a Comment