Tuesday, October 28, 2014

More Miracles! Heavenly Father Answers Prayers

Oct. 27, 2014

Bom dia! 

Man this week such a crazy and awesome week! Totally full of miracles!

First off, hey mom do you remember the package you sent me for Christmas a couple weeks ago. I got it, haha! Should i wait two months to open it because that´s kind of going to be a temptation. I your other package too! thank you so much mom and dad! Thank you SSOOO much Aunt Christy for your package too! It totally made my week!

We have an investigator named Carlos. He´s 40 years old and really wants to be baptized. He smokes but not much, like 2 cigarette a day. He went to church yesterday and loved it. He´s got a baptismal date for this Sunday, but he needs to stop smoking. Please keep him in your prayers! Man he´s such an awesome guy! 

We have another investigator named E. Her husband is a pastor for another church and absolutely hates mormons.This is the third Sunday in a row that she came to church on her own. Her siblings are members and she know a lot about the church. She hasn´t let us meet with her yet because she knows her husband will not approve. But yesterday at church she told me that she wants to start taking the lessons so that she can be baptized. She knows it´s true. She said that every time she reads the book of mormon she feels the spirit! Man that was such an awesome experience. We´re going to start meeting with her tomorrow.

On Saturday we were heading for an appointment. I saw a girl waiting for the bus and decided to talk to her. She´s like 19 years old. She was really receptive and agreed to come to church, but told me that she´s athiest when I asked her if she believed in God. She came to church though yesterday and really enjoyed it! We stopped by her house that night to share a message. She told us about her life and all the difficulties she´s had. She told us that her parents are divorced  and after the divorcement she stopped believing in God. We shared the message of the Plan of Salvation. Man it was the perfect message that responded all of her needs and doubts. After the lesson we invited her to pray that moment and ask God if he really exists and if our message was true. Man my testimony was strengthened during that prayer. We knelt down, and she gave a heartfelt prayer. She said it so sincerely and with tears in her eyes. At that moment and after the prayer, Heavenly Father answered her prayer. After the prayer we waited in silence for a moment. I knew she received an answer because I was feeling the spirit at that moment. We asked how she felt when she prayed and she said that she couldn´t describe it. We asked her if she believed in god and she said yes. We asked her if she believed in Jesus Christ and she said yes. Then she said, "I know that everything you told me is true". After that we invited her to be baptized. She accepted and we´re going to keep giving her the lessons this week. 

Man this week was so full of miracles. I really know that God lives and my testimony has been really strengthened this week and during my entire mission. 

Everyone that´s thinking about serving a mission but is not sure yet. DO it! It´s the absolute best thing you can do! Love you all! miss you tons! Thanks for the packages! iIsure love my sweets! Boa semanas! don´t forgot to write! Falou!!!

Elder Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment