Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Remembering My Brother and Friend Andrew Page

Andrew Page


October 6, 2014

Bom Dia com muito alegria!

Yesterday was the last day of transfers, and guess what......I´m going to train again! President Genaro called me last night and told me I will be training. Elder M is getting transferred to Cascavel and he´s going to be companions with Elder B, my companion from the MTC! Man he´s going to learn a lot from him. Elder B is a really awesome missionary.

So I´m super stoked to train. I more or less trained Elder M. I basically just finished the second part of his training. This time I´m geting a companion completely new to the field. I´m a bit nervous, but super excited for this opportunity I have to serve.

Man conference was so awesome! It was such a great experience to see the prophet´s face and hear such awesome talks! We watched it in Português this time. I realized that my Português has gotten a lot better!

Man it was so cool that the general authorities gave talks in their native language! At the last session we brought an investigator. We met her this past week and seems pretty interested. When Elder Bednar walked up and started specifically to non-members, Elder M and I flipped out! It was sweet! Our investigator (Her name is Michele) really loved conference. We´re going to start teaching her and her husband more. They´re both really great people with lots of potential.

One thing I learned a lot from conference is that this work is not going to stop, it´s only going to progress. 

This next week will mark one year since the passing of my friend and brother, Andrew Page. He was and is such a great friend. I know he passed away on his mission here on Earth, but he´s still doing the work on the other side with his dad. If he´s still doing the work, so will I, and so should we. This is the most important work and Earth, it´s the Lord´s work, and i´m so grateful for the opportunity I have to be apart of it for two years. I know I´m only doing it full time for two years, but im excited to keep working as a missionary for the rest of my life. Please pray for Andrew and is family this week. I´m really grateful for all the prayers on my behalf. I know that my brother Andrew is looking out for me on my mission. I love you all and hope everyone has an awesome week! Stay safe and stay strong! I know that this church is true. I´m so grateful for this work! I know that Christ lives and that he will come again. I know that families can be together forever, if we do our part. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and all who read it can and will receive a divine testimony. I  leave this message with you all in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

Até mais!

Elder Jackson


Pictures from Mission Tour with Elder Soares



No comments:

Post a Comment