Sunday, June 15, 2014

It's Awesome Being Out Here On My Mission!

June 2, 2014

What´s up guys!

Holy cow, so this week was crazy. Right after we finished emailing last week, we found out that this transfer is only 5 weeks long! So this past week was the last week of transfers. And guess what I just found out...I’m getting transferred! Crazy! I’m excited, but also a bit nervous. My companion, Elder N is leaving too. He’s going to be a Zone leader in another area. I’m leaving the zone Londrina, and I’m going to a nearby city called Maringá. My new companion is going to be Elder  H. I don’t know him, but I’ve seen his name before. So yeah! Tomorrow I’m heading for a new area! It will be pretty crazy. And I still have to pack and everything! 


But this week went pretty well. I’ll be honest, I’m really going to miss my ward and it’s members. It’s a really great ward. This week we actually had a lot of success. We found a super great family. They were a reference from members. They came to church yesterday, and we stopped by and shared a message with them last night. They accepted this next Sunday as a goal for their baptism! They’re a super awesome family and they really loved church and everything. We found another small family. They were actually a reference from Simoni. They came to church too and the mom accepted the goal to be baptized this Sunday as well! I really hope they do. 

But wow, it looks like I’m almost done with my training. Normally, I would have one more week, but since transfers are a week early, I’m not sure if I will or not. I learned tons in these two transfers, but I know I still have so much to learn. The language is still coming. I’m getting better every week, but it will take A WHILE until I get to the point where I feel comfortable. 

Hey Nathan let me know what happens with the NBA draft!
Speaking of sports, the World Cup is coming up. Wow it’s definitely going to be crazy here in Brazil! President Genaro still hasn’t said anything about it so I’m guessing the work will probably be the same. We’ll see though! 


I just have to say that it´s so awesome being out here on my mission. I haven´t been out here very long, but I've already seen such a change in people´s lives. It´s great! I've seen how much the Gospel blesses people’s lives and how much EVERYONE needs the Gospel. A mission really is a great experience,and I´m excited to experience even more in my new area! 
I hope everyone has an awesome week! Love you guys and miss you tons!

Elder Jackson


No comments:

Post a Comment